Crash of Kinetic after upgrade to IOS9

Frans

29 Sep, 2015 03:33 PM

Hi Guys,

After several years of usage Kinetic is still my favourite running companion, and I hope I can keep using it.

After upgrading to IOS 9 the app started crashing on me, immediately after opening the app. I found out this is due to my Bluetooth (LE) heart rate monitor. If I do not use the heart rate monitor or stop bluetooth on the phone the app is working correctly. Could you please look into this, and restore the functionality of using a bluetooth heart rate monitor with the app?

I've noticed that Apple has deprecated the use of some bluetooth functions, maybe that's the root cause:
'The retrievePeripherals: and retrieveConnectedPeripherals methods were deprecated in iOS 7.0 and removed in iOS 9.0. Apps that use these methods will crash on launch or upon pairing an accessory.'

cheers,
Frans
Maybe this is due to the obsolete bluetooth libraries in IOS 9

1. 1 Posted by Frans on 30 Oct, 2015 09:40 PM

Great work guys! Version1.4.2 fixed the problem, the app is working smoothly again!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac