Privacy

Michael Crilly

18 Mar, 2016 05:49 AM

Hello,

I want to purchase the app and use it to monitor my location constantly, but I have some privacy concerns. In an answer you gave on the 21st August, 2015, you stated that you, Kinetic App (or Mothership Software Limited), do not get a copy of the data - it's not shared with you automatically - and that it's stored on our phones. I believe this to be true, but I wanted to clarify something.

On the 17th October 2014, you released version 1.41 to the Apple App Store. One of the lines of text in that change log said, "Updated Google analytics text (sorry about that!)" This implies you're using GA for keeping track of application usage, such as the device used, and so forth. Given that GA also reports on the user's location, would you not say that you are, in fact, able to see a user's location based on the fact you're using GA? It's not quite GPS specific, but still, it reports a lot of information (I've used GA my self.)

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Regards,

Mike.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Nick on 18 Mar, 2016 08:29 AM

Hi Michael,

We do use google analytics - though this is anonymous to us, and you can turn it off in settings menu.

We are planning to remove it, as apple provide similar analytics now anyway.

Best

Nick

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac