Testing battery life

tvermeulen

02 May, 2013 11:28 AM

Hi.

I'm going to the alps in a little more than a week (as part of a group of ±40), and I figured it would be great if I would track our trips with Kinetic. I know these trips will take no more than 7 hours. I have an iPhone 4 with external battery (EnjoyGear), so I figured I would test the combined battery life when running Kinetic, by just pretending to walk when actually I was sleeping (so the iPhone stayed on the same place).

Now I'm wondering if this is representative for a real walk, because it did extremely well. I'm now tracking for almost 10 hours and my iPhone is still on 100% (I actually started on 80%), I'm assuming the external battery is out of power now, but I'm not sure. The graph of the 'trip' doesn't look like it only stored my location once at all, it is in fact very detailed: http://kineticurl.com/t6807k So, I'm starting to think Kinetic has become very power efficient, or is there more to the story?

Note: I can remember once that I accidentally left Kinetic open on my iPhone 3GS and it drained my battery a lot. The iPhone 4 battery is better than the 3GS and you probably have improved the power efficiency since, so that memory is a little outdated. :-)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac