About Kinetic

's Avatar

danpo

02 Apr, 2013 04:30 PM

Hi.
You really did a great job designing Kinetic, I want to send my congratulations for such outstanding work.
I also want to humble contribute with some ideas for improvements:

1. Speed/Altitude/Distance Graph:
    I think that you are crunching too much raw data in this graphs. They take a lot of time to load (7-8 seconds, and in this time the app either froze or the 'busy' indicator at top right corner keeps running). Also in zones with poor GPS reception the data is completely wrong.
    I did several walks of near 12km with an average speed of 5km/h. In the last 2 km I received 5 GPS warnings. Late when I saw the graphs, they show peaks of speed at 22km/h.
    In my modest opinion those graphs should be better averaged (3 readings), and implement bubble sorting to avoid those peaks (5 averaged measurements, then you sort them and keep the value in the middle of the array, thus eliminating the values that are too big or too small). With these basic conditioning you will get smoother graphs with correct data.

2. History
    Graphs are the best way to show performance over time. I think that you should take a look at that. Take the example of "Run Training Pro" of Deltaworks (screenshot 3 in the app store).

3. Achievements
    If you are current with Nike apps, you should have noticed that part of their success is keep people motivated through
    goals and achievements. There are a lot of possibilities only limited by our imagination (improved split time, beat time for a route, run X miles, burn X calories and so on...)

4. Splits
    It would be nice if you implement a split time screen, and also indicates when a split was slower/faster than the previous one.

Thank you for your time.
Dan.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac